Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tribal photo site

Some of you know how much I love tribal customs. I'm always watching Travel Channel Discovery Channel, etc. I started liking tribalism and anthropology when I was a kid and my mother was in college studying the Yanomamo Tribe...the fierce people.

From then on I was hooked. Marriage customs, courtship customs, death rituals, rite-of-change rituals.

Of course it slipped into my book, Wind Follower which is about four tribes..and which uses Christianity at its most primitive and Scriptural. The Christian mythos is obvious and yet not pushy or preachy. The book will be out soon. Those who love anthropology and folklore and speculative fiction (or weird missionary stories about missionaries battling with shaman) will love it.

In the meantime, check out one of my favorite sites on the internet:

Tribal Photo

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts