Oh, I love my Bible. I love all twelve or so translation lying about my house. I love that God loves stories and tells us so many truths in story-telling form.
I love that the word of God is alive and speaks to us and is always new and always right and perfect for us.
I love the Bible authors. Joel, Moses, Amos, Luke. Ooh, how I love Luke. Not because that's my husband's name but because Dr Luke is just so pro-the poor and so anti-the rich.
I love the wisdom, the poetry, the truth, the angst. I love everything in it. And if Christians would just read their Bibles -- in a translation they understand-- how it would teach us!
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (499)
- ► 2008 (353)
- Praise for Completion
- Praise for Guidance
- Praise God for self-acceptance
- Praise for inventions
- Praise for talents that come easy
- Praise God for self-discovery
- St Stephen's Day -- Praise (and prayers) for the m...
- Praise God for heaven
- Praise God for the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Praise God for things I hate but which he obviousl...
- Praise God for working wonderfully through imperfe...
- Praise God for knowing all
- Praise God for yet-to-be answered prayers
- Praise God for Communion
- Praise God for guidance
- Praise God for night-time dreams
- Praise God for giving us the Church
- Praise for life lessons
- Praise God for our non-Christian friends
- Praise God for memories
- Thank God for sex, eros, and celibacy
- Praise for talents
- Praise for opposition
- Praise for the gift of bad emotions
- Praise for the Bible
- Praise for Growth
- God teaches the young
- On this day I complete my 48th year
- Praise hopefully
- Praise for the Light
- Miracles of unwelcomed interruptions
- ▼ December (31)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...