Saturday, June 09, 2012

Praise for Faith and Hope

There are three levels of hope. They can be summed up in these three sentences:

First: What would I do if I got...?
Second: What will I do when I get...?
Third: What am I going to do now that I have received...?

Whenever a believer is praying and hoping and having faith for something, the prayer falls into one of those three categories. The thing is to walk by faith. Jesus asked Mary and Martha, "Didn't I tell you that if you would believe you would see?"

To believe we have received ...before we have seen the answer to the prayer is to have a child's faith. It takes a great deal of inner strength. It takes focusing. It takes trusting that God exists and is very aware of you and that He is rewarding your faith. It takes trusting that the seed of prayer that you planted is really growing down there in the ground. Even if you don't see anything above ground. This is how the world works, according to Jesus. And blessed are those who can see the kingdom of God even when other guys can't see it. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge
Him and He is directing your path. Praise ye the Lord

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts