Saturday, January 05, 2008

I've come too far

I'm a person of faith. This means I believe all things are possible. I truly believe this.

As the psalmist (Psalm 27) says, "what would have become of me if I didn't believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living?"

I hope to see miracles. I hope to see the goodness of the lord in the land of the living. I expect God to restore my life and fix all those areas in my life that were destroyed by my stupid actions. I may not get all I want but I am determined to try to go from glory to glory. I won't be satisfied with seeing only one vision in my life. I won't be satisfied with only one spectacular miracle in my life. I want to be a child of God who lives an abundant life abundantly.

Of course there are folks out there (religious and atheist) who think this is all very childish and naive on my part.

But honestly, it's my life and if I want to believe in a life of wonder, who are they to say that I am theologically wrong? In all honesty, I've come too far to turn back now. The Christ I used to follow was a Christ who was a pale Galilean, someone who got you into heaven and that was that. Now my eyes are opened to the glorious gospel...and I believe He loves me very much and wants to do wonders for His people...that it is His pleasure to give me all in the kingdom: Physical health, prosperity, inner joy, the gifts of the spirit and untimately heaven. I can't turn back from such a redeemer who saves in all ways and who saves to the uttermost to the God I was taught to serve earlier...a God who doled out blessings stingily and who had to be convinced and nagged for a blessing...and who sent you sorrows because he loved you and who wanted you to learn to surrender to demonic oppression, sickness and the like. That is the God I was trained to worship...and although I know there is a lot I will and should surrender to....I also know that surrendering to a life without faith in miracles is not what I want to return to.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts