Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Abiding

Okay, so here I am abiding. Because that's one of the major ways to get a prayer answered. Not that I'm using God or anything...but I DO know on which side of the bread my life is buttered.

We must abide in the vine in order to be blessed.
The word must not depart from our mouth.
We will find him when we seek him with all our hearts.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added onto you.

And soooo many other verses to that effect.

So yeah, you get the point. Not that there's no way for one to get a miracle if one just asks God out of the blue. Just that I wouldn't depend on it. One has to befriend God. Aaargh. That means avoiding some of my favorite tv shows...and really focusing and meditating and reading the Bible.

Other things to do to get miracles, according to the Bible (Okay, a few of these is in Christian jargon but most of you --if you're evangelical-- know what the Bible verses are and the implications.):

Speak to the mountain.
Speak the word only.
Curse the fig tree. Have faith in God.
When you stand praying believe that you already have it even if you don't see it and you shall receive it.
Call those things that are not as though they are.
Bind the strong man.
Take heed what you hear...and don't be double-minded.
Praise in order to conquer the enemy and give thanks to water the word.
Rest in the word and trust it to do the work.

Deep in my lazy bones, I know I'll get my miracles for my son and me and we will finally have a full and good and abundant life. Why? Because I'm keeping with the program and doing all that is necessary to obey and stay in tune with the law of faith. Most folks who don't get miracles don't do all this stuff. Because they don't know what to do. God's ways of getting miracles are pretty precise. We know the truth....and the truth sets us free. Faith is a law. Laws are constant. I'm just gonna obey them.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts