MIRACLE STORIES or stories about the Supernatural
When reading a story about a miracle, ask yourself the following questions:
1) Was this a small miracle or a large one?
2) Did God perform this miracle unasked by humans?
3) Was this miracle done by one of God’s prophets? Did the prophet feel the need to ask God’s permission?
4) Was this a communal miracle which required all God’s people to pray?
5) What created a need for this miracle?
6) How did this miracle occur? What happened exactly?
7) How did God’s people react to this miracle?
8) How did God’s enemies react to this miracle?
9) What does the miracle being discussed prove about God?
10) Does this story give any insight into how we may achieve miracles in our lives?
11) Did God’s prophet trust God more because of this miracle?
12) Was (or can) this miracle be repeated by followers of other gods?
13) What would unbelievers say about this miracle?
14) What does God say about miracles?
15) What small and great miracles has God done in your life?
16) What small and great miracles has God done in the lives of those you know?
17) Do you still have a day to day reliance on God?
1. What reason does the Bible give for God raising Jesus from the dead?
2. How did the Sanhedrin react when they heard that the tomb had been opened by angels?
3. In John’s first epistle, he warned against believing every spirit. In Acts, the Ephesian town clerk said it was an undisputed fact that the goddess Diana sent down her image to the town. The Egyptian magicians also did miracles. What does this say about the supernatural?
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (499)
- A Bible WTH moment: Psalm 51
- Father's discipline
- The Bible
- Certain Men
- How to do a Bible character study
- Types of Bible Study
- Questions God asks in the Bible
- How to read a prophetic Bible passage
- The Road to Lost Innocence Blog Tour
- Women of a New Tribe
- How to read a poetic Bible passage
- How to read a Bible passage about doctrines
- How to read a Bible epistle or letter
- How to read a Bible story
- FLOW: For Love of Water
- How to read a Bible passage that contains a healin...
- How to read a Bible passage that contains the supe...
- How to do a Bible word study
- What If I read a Bible story and I’m Stumped for a...
- IN WHAT ORDER SHOULD I READ THE BIBLE?
- Questions to ask yourself when reading the Bible?
- If You Don't Know the Meaning of a Passage, Withho...
- Fake, corny, nice
- Humor in the Bible
- The whole armor of God
- Does the blood of Jesus Christ always cleanse?
- Quick Bible study helps
- Quantum Physics: Sound and light and creation
- Psalm 25: humiliation
- We who live at the end of time
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...