St Paul warned against carnal divisions over minor matters. In the twenty-second chapter of St Matthew, we see how the Lord views these petty disagreements where people go out of their way to make up silly spiritual “What if?” questions. Some denominational differences are important and you should know which are important and which are not. Although these questions are important to the people asking them, they are not important to Jesus.
1. Is there something that your denomination believes that other Christian denominations do not?
2. Does your denomination judge other denomination because of this?
3. Why is your denomination right?
4. Do you have a live-and-let-live attitude towards Christians of other denominations or do you believe you must get them to change their minds and believe as you do?
5. Do you believe only those things your denomination has convinced you of?
6. Are you uncomfortable when you believe something that others in your denomination does not believe?
7. Can you have friends who don’t believe as you do or do you prefer to stay with like-minded people?
8. Have you studied other denominations in order to understand or confront them better?
9. Do you think there is more to being a Christian than simply trusting in Jesus’ death and Resurrection and loving God and your neighbor as yourself?
10. What other books do your denomination use to interpret the Bible?
11. Who are the great Christians who helped to create your denomination?
12. Have you researched their lives?
In all things, The Holy Spirit shows us what is on our hearts. Question to ask yourself:
1 As I read this Bible passage, is there a part of me that doesn’t want this passage to be true?
2 Is there a part of me that is ignoring verses I don’t like and twisting their meaning around because of works written by the prophet in my denomination ?
3 Is it possible that some of my beliefs are based on my own personal fears and agendas?
4 Do I try to avoid certain Scriptures or change their meanings because they make me feel uncomfortable?
5 Do you think that certain parts of the Bible were written by people who are not as enlightened or as knowledgeable as you?
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (499)
- A Bible WTH moment: Psalm 51
- Father's discipline
- The Bible
- Certain Men
- How to do a Bible character study
- Types of Bible Study
- Questions God asks in the Bible
- How to read a prophetic Bible passage
- The Road to Lost Innocence Blog Tour
- Women of a New Tribe
- How to read a poetic Bible passage
- How to read a Bible passage about doctrines
- How to read a Bible epistle or letter
- How to read a Bible story
- FLOW: For Love of Water
- How to read a Bible passage that contains a healin...
- How to read a Bible passage that contains the supe...
- How to do a Bible word study
- What If I read a Bible story and I’m Stumped for a...
- IN WHAT ORDER SHOULD I READ THE BIBLE?
- Questions to ask yourself when reading the Bible?
- If You Don't Know the Meaning of a Passage, Withho...
- Fake, corny, nice
- Humor in the Bible
- The whole armor of God
- Does the blood of Jesus Christ always cleanse?
- Quick Bible study helps
- Quantum Physics: Sound and light and creation
- Psalm 25: humiliation
- We who live at the end of time
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...