Okay, so you're reading your Bible. You say to yourself, "I'm reading the Bible cause it's the Christian Holy Book but Lord knows I am at a total loss as to what the heck was that story about and what I'm supposed to do with it."
Well, the best thing to do is the PIC method.
P -- Promise -- Is there some promise made to some character in this story that I can also make my own?
I -- Instruction -- Is there some instruction made to some character in this story that I can also make my own?
C -- Command -- Is there some command made to some character in this story that I can also make my own?
There is also the ABC method.
A -- Admit the rightness of what is written
B-- Believe what God has said about the effect of this sin or truth you've just read.
C-- Confess your fault in not fully following this particularly truth.
That usually helps make stories more meaningful to the new Bible Reader.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (499)
- A Bible WTH moment: Psalm 51
- Father's discipline
- The Bible
- Certain Men
- How to do a Bible character study
- Types of Bible Study
- Questions God asks in the Bible
- How to read a prophetic Bible passage
- The Road to Lost Innocence Blog Tour
- Women of a New Tribe
- How to read a poetic Bible passage
- How to read a Bible passage about doctrines
- How to read a Bible epistle or letter
- How to read a Bible story
- FLOW: For Love of Water
- How to read a Bible passage that contains a healin...
- How to read a Bible passage that contains the supe...
- How to do a Bible word study
- What If I read a Bible story and I’m Stumped for a...
- IN WHAT ORDER SHOULD I READ THE BIBLE?
- Questions to ask yourself when reading the Bible?
- If You Don't Know the Meaning of a Passage, Withho...
- Fake, corny, nice
- Humor in the Bible
- The whole armor of God
- Does the blood of Jesus Christ always cleanse?
- Quick Bible study helps
- Quantum Physics: Sound and light and creation
- Psalm 25: humiliation
- We who live at the end of time
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...