The lord states, "If the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?"
That's how it is with the idea of miracles, healing, and salvation in the modern Christian church. The church as a whole makes a lot of uncertain sounds. When you have some Christian churches saying it's too Christocentric to trust in Christ as the only savior of the world, or when you have some Christian churches saying the days of miracles are past, or when you have some Christian churches saying some particular sin is not really a sin but a genetic issue or even a "blessing" then how can folks battle?
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Okay, day 1 went well
- Small but powerful
- Psalm 25
- Pondering a Challenge
- Psalm 24
- Prayer Request
- Authority and Like Passions
- Psalm 23
- Friendships -- giving, receiving, beginning, endin...
- The last suicidal friend I will ever have
- Psalm 22
- Psalm 21
- Do not go gentle into that good night
- Four worship songs from my church
- Psalm 20
- An uncertain sound
- Watchman, what of the night?
- But will God restore?
- On Valentine's Day in 1981 I met my sweet husband
- Psalm 19
- Psalm of Life by Longfellow
- Appropriate Responses
- Intimate Issues Blog Tour
- More and more I find myself liking Asian Rock
- Say Not, "The Struggle Naught Availeth"
- Psalm 18
- Leadings, but leading to what
- Discernment needed
- Psalm 17
- Not something from nothing
- A Rabbi Looks at the Last Days
- Weekend Movie Viewing: Regained Innocence
- Psalm 16
- Jericho and the Power of Sound Waves
- What if Starbucks marketed like a Church
- How To Hear God's Voice by Mark Virkler
- Psalm 15
- The Sacrifice of Praise
- Weekend Movie Viewing: Reality TV shows and author...
- Psalm 14 and Psalm 53
- not letting the sun go down on my wrath
- ▼ February (42)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...