Sunday, February 15, 2009

Watchman, what of the night?

Is there anything more perplexing than to wake up with a Bible phrase in one's mind out of the blue? I woke up with "Watchman, what of the night?"

So, here I sit, trying to figure out what the Holy Spirit is saying to me. I suppose I could go look at my concordance and spend the entire day looking up verses with watchmen, watchman, watchers. Or I could do an internet search. Dang! I'm so lazy today. But okay... maybe I'll do it.

Okay, here's something from PBMinistries The sermon is from 1750. One has to be in the mood for sermons like this...utterly different rhetorical style.

Then there's this

Then there's this interesting blog post on race and the elections

But the one I really liked is this, a sermon from 1958. Yeah, the best of sermons are eternal and universal.

Now, I have to go think what the heck I'm being told to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts