Sunday, September 27, 2009

Psalm 121

Wow! One of the first three psalms I ever learned from my Methodist minister grandfather.  I remember learning it at bedtime. I really should meditate on this more. Might fight the stress. I think it's a good little psalm and it definitely blows the mind of a little kid to attempt to think of a God who doesn't sleep or nod off. I think about heaven without sleep and I can't quite grasp it. But yes, I must remember that God is my keeper. My shepherd. And when the ozone layer disappears totally, I should remember that the sun cannot strike me. Nor can the moon make me moonstruck. Yes, there's a lot in this psalm. IF I could rest in it: The Lord preserves us from ALL evil.

What are you, you little hills? The Lord has given me power to trample you under my feet and to cast you down!

My God is the Creator God who made the heaven and the earth. He isn't a man who reached enlightenment but the actual creator...and this is the one who keeps me. Thank you Lord! I love you very much, your daughter, Carole.

Psalm 121

1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts