I'm always amazed when I hear people talking about God being sovereign and "nothing can happen unless God wills it." What a crock! That's not in the Bible. The Bible tells us that we are co-laborers with God. We are told God "
God is always giving us prophecies. His Bible has the best general prophecies for our lives -- sure and certain promises. But he also gives us dreams -- as in hopes, but also as in nightly dreams-- to show us what he has for our lives. God knows the thoughts he has for us -- thoughts of good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope.
But we must believe. We must pray. We must co-labor with him. We must speak his affirming word. We must die to self so that we can prove what is that good perfect and acceptable will of God for the lives of His people. I'm not talking about wealth and mansions. But if God has given us a dream, we must remember what ST Paul said to Timothy, "We wage war by the prophecies we receive." When we feel we'll die before our work on earth is finished, we must remember the prophecies God has told us. If it's even something as small as: "you will write a great short story" or a general promise such as "You will live to see your children's children" we have to hold fast to it. The redeemed of the Lord must say so. We must "order our conversation aright." We must remember what James said "death and life are in the power of the tongue." We must trust God and speak and act as faith-filled people.
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Dark Parables: three dreamlets
- Some of God's Prophecies that Failed
- Psalm 134
- Sleeping Betty
- WTF Moment in Bible Study: Inferior
- Something to encourage us praying folks
- Sidewalk Prophets: These are the words I would say...
- Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following J...
- So that's where that comes from?
- Psalm 133
- Psalm 132
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- The normalcy edition
- Exposure by Wilfred Owen
- Thank You, Jesus for this glorious day
- Psalm 131
- Rie Fu -- Life is a boat
- Psalm 130
- Confessions of an RX Drug Pusher
- Critters and Critics
- Psalm 129
- Donations sought for two writer friends
- Psalm 128
- Dark Parable: dream of snake-lion and resuscitated...
- Weekend Movie Viewing -- the crime, punishment, an...
- Te Coronamos
- You Raised Me Up -- DBSK and the little blind girl...
- Psalm 127
- Sensual Longing, Carnal Concupiscence, and Gorgeou...
- Aviad Cohen: Israel
- Psalm 126
- Poem (‘In the stump of the old tree...’) by Hugh S...
- The Beautiful One Has Come -- Onion and Creativity...
- Psalm 125
- Dark Parable: accounting and balance dream
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- the flakes, outcasts, and...
- You Raised Me Up
- Updates --Creative and Personal
- God is light
- Psalm 124
- W. H. Auden, "If I Could Tell You"
- Psalm 123
- ▼ October (43)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...