Okay, so I know where I got my influence for strong women...the question is where did I pick up my penchant for gentle emotional men. Heck, even when they lose their tempers, these guys are gentle, graceful, and lovely. And yeah, my husband is like that as well.
But where the heck did I get this image?
GASP! I think it's from a real person. As a kid I knew a sweet little soul in Jamaica called Lancelot Bell. What a dear soul he was. I think that's where it came from. One of those childhood friendships that was broken apart by time and circumstances. So maybe this is a case where the literary love for these characters came after the actual human person -- art echoing life.
Okay, we have to mention Hamlet. One cannot mention Carole's loves without mentioning Hamlet. The lord thing comes in there. All my loves are royals. And Hamlet's angsty and religiosity definitely affects them. Hamlet was a seminary student at Wittenberg, Martin Luther's breakaway university. So yeah, that's in there as well. My characters are always religious...even the non-religious ones.
I suppose I should mention the types as well. In my stories there are three types: the dark-haired angsty one, the blonde angsty one, and the ethnic angsty one. Yeah, I'm pretty shallow that way.
And yes, I'll admit it: I'm in love with Norman Bates from Psycho (as depicted by Anthony Perkins, mind you. Not the Vince Vaughn loony.)
So yeah, although Hamlet, Parzifal, and the others had their moments....my sweet Lancelot Bell came first. God bless you, Lancelot, wherever you are.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- What a Mighty God We Serve
- Christina Rossetti: The Heart Knoweth Its Own Bitt...
- ooh, self-baptisms....interesting.
- I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Lif...
- Genesis Chapter 2: Ah, Moses, but you digress: the...
- We are a People of God - Youth Dance
- COLORS -- JAE CHUN in concert
- The lovely graceful passionate gentle men
- Love After Love -- Derek Walcott
- A Cursory Nursery Tale
- Influential Ladies and Inner Vows
- Dark Parable: The dream of boycotting goat milk
- The Heart of Worship
- January 1940 by Roy Fuller
- Epik High - Love Love Love
- Epik High -- Even When I'm Alone
- A White Stone
- WALY, WALY (F. J. Child #204)
- Curse you, political correctness
- Mild tweaking, major reconstruction or total de/re...
- Ah, misanthropy!
- You're my all in all
- Dancing with the reader
- Introduction to "I Hate Wogs" (Eric Bogle) - Is th...
- This year am opening myself to good luck
- The Fear of Irony
- The Korea godwinks
- Come, Now is the Time to Worship
- Weekend Movie-Viewing
- They considered not the miracle of the loaves for ...
- Vids of Arawak Indians worshiping
- So you don't walk in darkness
- He Reigns
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2009 (499)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...