Monday, June 13, 2011

Be as little children


I'm always amazed when someone who is a mere 80 years old thinks himself wise. Compared to God's eternal wisdom, no human is ever wise. We're children and like sheep without a shepherd. We need the Holy Spirit's guidance because we don't know what will come to us in this world. We don't know how the world operates.


That was what the holy spirit said to me this morning so am pondering it. Trying to rest in His care and not tell Him what to do....with all my worldly wisdom


Truly, I was thinking...yeah, this isn't the deep thing I've been hoping to hear from You, Lord. That's kinda basic, isn't it, Lord? But if He wants me to ponder this, am gonna do it. Sometimes we feel so ashamed to ask for help or ashamed of the stupid choices we make in life. I think that one of the reasons He's telling me this is to remove guilt and shame about the stupid stuff I've done in my life and to help me forgive myself..




Guilt can be a form of pride in some ways isn't it? Thinking we could have done better, not knowing how utterly ignorant we are, even with our own well-thought-out best decisions. And guilt blocks prayer from being answered sometimes I think. Because we don't think we deserve a break. 


But what of this vrese?


‎"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways." 1 Cor. 11:11


It's that balance of giving up the bad things of childhood and being mature as God would want, yet at the same time becoming like a little child in obedience, faith, and trust of our Loving savior. Children don't keep grudges or stay unforgiving forever. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts