All these dreams about deluges. What the heck is coming?
I dreamed I and a janitor were cleaning the floors of an observatory. We seemed to be in the basement and we were pushing the cleaning materials ahead of us and through a hallway. I was barefoot (feet unshod?) when I saw the floor was strewed with thorns and splinters and I knew my feet would be really hurt when I stood on them. I complained about that and the janitor who was with me did something and the thorns disappeared. I went to the top floor and a great deluge was coming over the side of the observatory. People were screaming because they thought they were trapped with no way to get out. They feared they would all be drowned. But I went through some doors to the other side of the observatory. It was strange but here the waters hadn't reached the top of the observatory on this side. It was as if all the waters had piled up on one side but somehow not on this side. I looked out and all I could see was a field. Yet I knew the water from the other side of the observatory would come up and somehow we'd be deluged. I decided to escape. Some folks were on this side of the observatory as well. They tried to run with me but they couldn't. As they tried to walk, some invisible thing kept holding them back. They seemed to come up against an invisible wall. I escaped and ran into the field in the darkness. I don't remember how the dream ended but I knew I was escaping and that somehow it was strange that I had escaped.
Got this interpretation from Rose-Marie and I think it totally works:
i think it is about how perspective can trap people and that God will make a way for us to escape if we are willing. Hang in there and go with the flow.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- Cleanse the lepers
- Anywhere With Jesus (Lyrics in Navajo)
- Witchcraft Blaster Prayer 2.0
- Chambers of My Imagery
- To "like" or not to "like"
- Power and Spirit reduced to mere doctrine
- Christian Speculative Fiction Writing: Discerning ...
- God at War: The Bible & Spiritual Conflict
- Fave Japanese young actors
- Bible Personages I wanna meet in heaven
- The terrible devastation of an unhappy ending
- The watch over the mouth and the cancer-phobia bat...
- Christian cosmology: God, gods, Lord
- Dark Parables: Yet another apocalyptic dream
- So why do I write?
- Practicing Computer Mode
- A Day is as a Thousand years
- Poor in spirit -- crappy day but one good thing.
- Letters from a Skeptic: A Son Wrestles with His Fa...
- Weekend Movie-viewing: J-dramas
- A city broken down, and without walls
- Dark Parables: Dream of key and chain
- A silly dove without heart
- He gives wisdom and upbraids not -- Part 2
- Restoration, and training my heart to dream again
- He gives wisdom and upbraids not
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (499)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...