Monday, February 23, 2009

Psalm 23

Psalm 23

Lately, I've been thinking about the restoration of a soul. When my mother died, I dreamed I was sitting on a rock beside a stream. Then suddenly I started laughing.

The Bible tells us that a wounded spirit who can heal. I don't know when it happens and perhaps it happens at different times in some folks' lives, but there really is a time in some folks' soul when the spirit is so wounded that the health breaks, and life seems just prone to destruction, and all is grief.

God promised he would give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness...that we might be trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord that He might be glorified.

I want to believe in utter restoration. Of soul, of body, or mind, of joy, of livelihood. I want to have joy "more than when their wine increased." Although I sow in tears, I want to reap in joy. I know it's possible. The story of Joseph says it is. But it is high...can I attain to it?




1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts