Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Psalm 108

I love a fixed heart. I have determined to follow Jesus. I have determined to see my healing manifest. The game is not over until I win, or until I bring Christ's victory into my own life.

Am not sure when this Psalm was written if the psalmist -- or whoever the prophetic owner of Gilead, Mannaseh, Ephraim, Moab is-- actually had them. I suspect he didn't. I suspect he's calling those things that be not as though they were.

But who will help him to attain what he's determined to get? The Lord. The right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly.

But even if the psalmist/king had already conquered those other cities, there's another city yet to conquer. We can't go through life content with only conquering certain things. Let's aim for a full victory. We accept God's word as being absolute and true, let's get an absolute and true victory. Why accept some trials when Jesus came to give us abundant life? Edom remains to fall. Who will bring us into the strong city? God will.

Psalm 108

1O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
2Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.
3I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.
4For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.
5Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth;
6That thy beloved may be delivered: save with thy right hand, and answer me.
7God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
8Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver;
9Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph.
10Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?
11Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?
12Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
13Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts