Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Psalm 119

I love this Psalm so much I can't really discuss it.

It's pretty upfront. And the refrain, "As you promised, Lord" really breaks the heartstrings. There was a time I could read this psalm without really connecting to it. But now when I read it, it's as if I'm pouring my heart out to him. And the good thing is that I can say all the verses in this longest psalm of the Bible knowing that I'm saying them truthfully. Avec tout mon etre. With all my being. Read it in French today from my French Bible. God is good, my French is improving. That's a good way to re-learn a language, by the way. If you're a Bible lover, read the Bible in the language you're studying. Your mind already knows the English Bible so it's easy enough to understand the Bible in the new language.

Psalm 119


1Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

2Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

3They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

4Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.

5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!

6Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.

The rest is here

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts