I love this Psalm so much I can't really discuss it.
It's pretty upfront. And the refrain, "As you promised, Lord" really breaks the heartstrings. There was a time I could read this psalm without really connecting to it. But now when I read it, it's as if I'm pouring my heart out to him. And the good thing is that I can say all the verses in this longest psalm of the Bible knowing that I'm saying them truthfully. Avec tout mon etre. With all my being. Read it in French today from my French Bible. God is good, my French is improving. That's a good way to re-learn a language, by the way. If you're a Bible lover, read the Bible in the language you're studying. Your mind already knows the English Bible so it's easy enough to understand the Bible in the new language.
1Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
The rest is here
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Johnny Rivers: Secret Agent Man
- Psalm 122
- WTF Moment in Bible Study: Meek Moses
- Psalm 121
- Korean Heritage Mass Choir -- My Desire is to Wors...
- The Waking by Theodore Roethke
- yes, am seriously annoyed at Square Enix for delay...
- The Delicacy of Hint and the Mellowness of Sneer
- Biblical Foundations of Freedom: Destroying Satan'...
- Psalm 120
- Dark Parable: baby lion and mining colony in out o...
- Great post over at Sense & Sensibility about skin ...
- Psalm 119
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- the true love edition
- Meditation on God's "suddenlies" and His "all"
- Tamil Christian Song
- DBSK: Soulmate -- Single: Shelter
- Psalm 118
- What Birthers Believe
- WTF Moment in Bible Study: Fuller
- Psalm 117
- ah, my two loves collide: Asian films and old folk...
- Above All, Faith Matters
- Character torture, author torture
- Psalm 116
- Good Hair
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- the kinky Asian edition
- Dark Parable: alligator snake battle
- Psalm 115
- Buried talent, kind words
- Fleeting Thought
- Psalm 114
- Minority Report
- psalm 113
- Revisions Coming Along
- As Tears Go By, Marianne Faithfull
- Dark Parable: godwink
- Psalm 112
- Weekend Movie-Viewing
- Office Life
- Maximum Achievement Project needs book donations
- It's On The Way by Bishop Neal Roberson
- Psalm 111
- Update on The Constant Tower: Better late than nev...
- Thank You, Jesus
- Counting to ten
- Psalm 110
- Tossed in the garbage...so proud of myself.
- Psalm 109
- WTF moment in Bible study: Psalm 109, to the Chief...
- Psalm 108
- Wind Follower painting at Rocking Chairity
- ▼ September (54)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...