Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Psalm 120

More and more as I read this psalm I think that the lying lips and the deceitful tongue belong -- not to an external enemy-- but to the owner of those lips and that tongue.

Isaiah said Woe is me!

Isaiah 6:5
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
Isaiah 6:4-6


St Paul also said "Wretched man that I am" which pretty much is another way of saying "Woe is Me" And why did he say it?

Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans 7:23-25 



Because he was aware of his helplessness against his mind against his own members!  The spirit of a good person is willing but the flesh -- and its members-- are weak. 



Romans 7:23-25 (King James Version)


 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.






Psalm 120

1In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
2Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.
3What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue?
4Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals of juniper.
5Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
6My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
7I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.
King James Version (KJV)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts