Sometimes I listen to someone and a part of me says, "she isn't saying this with her words, but this is what my spirit hears her saying. So I'll answer her words with what my spirit has heard...even though she hasn't said it." And that can be good if a person doesn't have the skill or bravery to be clear with what they're saying. Or it can be bad...if your insight into what the person is saying challenges them. Also there's something else. English is a language of tone as well as words. One can say a lot of cruel things to people and get away with it by saying, "Oh, but you misunderstood me! Don't 'take it' that way." So if someone misunderstands our words we have to be careful that we really were clear. I also think that writers have to be careful and not pick on the very tools they use. Vagueness only causes more vagueness when we use words, but we should try to listen with the heart....and speak with a kind heart as well.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- The Sin that so easily besets us
- Dream Cast for The Constant Tower
- God's Fingerprints in Japan is a documentary...
- One last word on False Prophets, Discernments, and...
- Poor in Spirit -- Powerlessness, Humility, vengean...
- Sustained faithful joyful enduring hope
- Discernment: Art and Christian mumbo-jumbo
- Vain Imaginings: Return of an old fantasy
- Endtimes: Passionate sincerity and a little vaccin...
- guidance and disobedience
- Words are just that....really?
- Loving how God loves my family
- Precious Memories (Apache Hymnal Lyrics)
- Conversation about "Enlightened" Conversation
- How to Enjoy the Bible
- Christianity versus Law: Mormonism, Islam, Seventh...
- Christian dismissiveness
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (499)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...