Monday, May 23, 2011

Sustained faithful joyful enduring hope

I hate when I forget things. Especially important things I should be remembering. Today I remembered again that we have already conquered the world (the diseases, the fears, etc).  When I remember that the gates of Hades do not prevail against the church, when I remember that we little children have overcome the world, when I remember that all we have to do is to joyfully believe and resist the devil, then I am happy.

But I had forgotten.

I was feeling overwhelmed by chest pain, sleep issues, money issues. Been that way a lot. Pondering the things of Egypt. Wondering how I would survive. Then tada! it dawned on me that --wait a second!-- by Jesus' wound I WAS healed.

I thought suddenly (yeah, because I had now suddenly remembered) that YES, I am not entering into the "rest of faith." I have not been affirming the victory from a peaceful faithful place. So, am getting better now. I affirm  the truth of God's word. God is not a liar. Jesus answers prayers. Jesus has answered our prayers.

So my mind, spirit, and heart are back on track again. I prayed this morning in tongues...so maybe it was the praying in tongues that set me straight again. But once again, I believe that I HAVE been healed, that God answers my prayers the INSTANCE I ask them, that I have been blessed. And now I must walk in faith and praise God that he HAS heard my prayers, that I HAVE favor, that the answers have arrived or are arriving. I rejoice in thanksgiving now even though I don't see the answers. I walk by faith not by sight. The cares of this world aren't stressing me and working against peace. God's answers can come now because I have entered the rest of faith.

I'm expecting good news any second to manifest.

Now, if only I could have this sustained joyous hope...and the sustained joyous affirming. If only, I could develop a constancy of joyous continually expectancy of good.

Please, Lord Jesus, change my character so much that I will live constantly in joyous expectancy and faith. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be always acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.  

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts