Monday, March 10, 2008

Striving and Resting

It's such a tough balance, isn't it?

On the one hand, we are called to strive for the faith, strive to enter in...but at the same time we are told to rest in Christ's finished work and to rely on his spirit and his word to do the work.

Am kinda attempting to do both at this point. Trying to simply trust that God's healing word is working in us...which means that I STRIVE to read the word for about a hour a day, STRIVE to remember to speak in tongues, STRIVE to remember to sing praises.

Then after I've done my daily worth of STRIVING, then I just have to tell myself to rest...that the word is working...even if i don't see it. That the praises are conquering worlds I don't quite understand, that the speaking in tongues is helping to edify me. Tough to rest in trust and faith, but hey....we're called to do it.

God bless.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts