Saturday, June 21, 2008

Understanding the Healing Power of God


Understanding the Healing Power of God
Doug Jones

Faith Library Publications / 2001 / Paperback
Retail Price: $8.95

Can be bought at Doug Jones Ministries website
or Christian Book Distributors website

Here's the blurb:
In this book, Rev. Jones presents the truth concerning this little-talked about subject: understanding God's healing power. By applying the principles outlined in this book, you will learn: How to determine if the healing power is present. How the healing power is administered to your body. And how to keep the healing power active within you until you are satisfied with the fruit produced. Many believers have been instructed from the Word that one ingredient necessary to receive healing is faith. However in this comprehensive study, you will learn of another ingredient that you must understand in order to be healed, and that is the healing power of God. When we connect our faith to His power, we are on the path to victory.


Loooved this book!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

will grab :)
-erica

Carole McDonnell said...

It's a great book. It comes in a three-pack but you might be able to get it by itself.

BTW, ever heard of Hannah Whitall Smith? Love her! She was raised a quaker and her spiritual autobiography, The Unselfishness of God reminds me so much of being in the pentecostal church. I think a lot of charismatics and pentecostals will realize and connect with much of her struggles....although hers took place waaaaay back in the day. She also wrote another book, The Christian's secret to a happy life. -C

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of her. I may have to get that too:)

Carole McDonnell said...

She was an evangelist waaay back in the day. The versions you get will probably omit the sections where she wrote about universal salvation -- she believed everyone would be saved and God wouldn't punish sinners because he was too loving. So there's a bit of a problem there for folks like me who believe that God is sooo loving he wouldn't violate anyone's will and force anyone --even someone bound for hell-- to be saved. But the rest of the chapters in her books are wonderful. -C

Anonymous said...

ok then.

I had a great time at church today(this time) we usually just follow God wherever He goes with service, if the Spirit hits then we'll go with that all day long...I felt bad since last bible study so I went in wrong minded this morning and the topic from the Lord today was that we all have gifts to "push from our wombs" she pointed at people and called them out and got to me and said: "Tutor! We will need tutors!" I jumped b/c that is what is on my heart to do full time. I have the materials and everything. I guess it just felt good not to be an invisible woman any longer...

toodles!
-erica

Carole McDonnell said...

Wow, I feel so connected to this. Guess wat I was meditating on yesterday.

In First timothy where Paul tells Timothy not to neglect the gift which was given to him by the laying on of hands of the presbytery and by prophecy....

and second timothy where Paul tells him to stir up the gift.

Funny, I felt that I should've posted that on the site yesterday...but didn't...

-C

Anonymous said...

Wow...talk about confirmation:)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts