Saturday, June 07, 2008

Watched lips, interpretation of tongues, emancipation proclamation

The verse in the Bible: Set a watch o Lord over my lips.
So I'm trying to watch my mouth and to only speak God's words, the theological truth of every situation instead of the pathological truth. Honestly, if God were to ask me if I had done EVERYTHING in the past 18 years to get my son and myself healed, I would have to say no.

It's taken 18 years to forgive and keep on forgiving.

It's taken 20 years to stop sinning with negative thoughts. (I've always been pretty good and done good deeds but internally!!!)

It's taken 20 years to praise God in all things instead of murmuring and telling folks about the situation.

It's taken me 20 years to learn to speak to the mountain in faith and command it go go.

It's taken 20 years for me to learn how to cast down the vain imaginations that fear and the world creates.

It's taken me 20 years to believe that we are healed when we first prayed and believed and that we were healed 2000 years ago by the blood of Jesus.

And It's taken 18 years for me to actually learn how to confess God's promises instead of the doctor's report. So I feel that at last I am on the road to healing. At last. Not a negative word said yesterday. YAY!!!!!

I was praying in tongues this morning and got an interpretation. I know some people think that an interpretation is a word-by-word translation of a tongue message but interpretations are often different from translations. An interpretation is often an impression. So there I was praying in tongues and the image that came to my mind was that I should proclaim the good news of my son's redemption and healing to the parts of his body that was sick. Of course I have been doing that, telling them the good news. But then the image/interpretation I got was of Masters after the Emancipation being told by a messenger that they should free their slaves and Let My People Go! But the masters refusing to give up their masters, and the slaves not knowing that they were not only freed but that they had been given their masters dominion to rule. So I really began praying like that. I preached the gospel to the illnesses and the powers of this world. And I trusted that the seed of healing in my son, and the word of truth are working mightily in my son. Soon I will see the blade of healing.

Have a blessed weekend.
-C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God,sister Carole! I have just began speaking in tongues and I only understand it a little. People at my church jump and shout while I sit. When Choir sings I do stand and tap my feet, and clap and sing, but I don't shout and roll over and stuff...oops, so I guess I should pick up a book to learn even more about the tongues. The other stuff I don't know- what do you think..

Carole McDonnell said...

Wow, you sound like me!

The Holy Spirit tends to give me this feeling of peace. Overwhelming peace. So I really can't get up. Or else I get really weepy.

The most important thing to know about tongues is a) Paul said, "Do all speak in tongues? Do all prophesy?" So sometimes some folks may not speak in tongues even if they have the holy spirit. The thing is to covet the best gifts.

But he also tells us that prophesy and speaking in tongues are very good gifts. They help to edify the spirit. They help the spirit make groanings for us that cannot be uttered. As Paul says, there are many sounds in the world and none of them are without signification. Loose translation: every vowel sound one makes means something in some language or other. So let the holy spirit speak to you or to God or to whoever.

A great book is They speak in other tongues by John and Elizabeth Sherrill. A Pastor Roberson has a great book out on walking in the spirit. Andrew Wommack has a neat tape set on his site over at www.awmi.net It's called Revelation Knowledge, I think. Just click on audio, then find the tape, then right-click and download.

Speaking in tongues takes a heck of a lot of faith because we have to believe that something is going on, although our human rational minds think we're kidding ourselves. When I pray for folks and don't know how to pray for them, I pray in my own knowledge and in tongues. When I pray for my son, I ask God to give him the interpretation since God knows how to speak to him better than I do. So I trust God to give my son the impression of what I prayed for. But the most important things that tongues do is that it gives us revelation knowledge of the scriptures. -C

Anonymous said...

thank you i will research...lots of luv!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts