Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Walls of Jericho and "sound" warfare

So, today I'm thinking about the power of sound. I wish I was a scientist. But I'm wondering. What is the effect of sound in the Jericho battle?

The way the story shows it:

Multitudes of people are commanded to walk silently around the city. They are to do this seven days. SILENTLY. They are not to say a word. On the seventh day they are to do it seven times. Then suddenly they are to blow the shofars/trumpet.

What is the effect of the daily slow ponderous (is that the right word) echoing footsteps? I really think some kind of effect was taking place under that ground....getting the ground around Jericho prepared to fall at a sudden change of sound.

I don't have much to go on but I feel that something is going on there. Not that it isn't a miracle, but that it's a miracle of science in some way. I'm wondering if someone has written on this. A scientist of sound or a geologist who studies avanlanches or some such thing.

I know humans are daily grinded down by little stressors and then something big comes into their lives (like a big shofar blowing ) and suddenly the humans crash and are overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts