Won't say much except
1) Hadn't really felt til this reading the extent of the deep love between Abraham and Lot. Lot followed Abraham's vision as much as Abraham did. They never argued except that their servants was what caused them to part.
2) Hadn't realized that Sarai's sister (Nahor's wife) also was blessed in her old age with children. Must think of this.
3) Still can't figure out the spiritual significance of why the story about Hagar not seeing the well is also in the same chapter as Abraham and Abimelech's servants fighting over a well.
4) Can't figure out why Abraham took gifts of Pharoah and of Abimelech when he sinned against them but felt he had to pay for the cave to bury Sarah in.
Also, something interesting about Job:
We don't hear of the faith of Job. We hear about the patience of Job. So Job isn't listed in Hebrews 11, faith hall of fame. If faith doesn't let you win the battle...persevereance will. Faith and/or patience (endurance) is what the saint of God needs when fighting the devil.
This will be a blog for Christians, for people who are part of a minority, for writers. I'm a poet, essayist, devotionalist, reviewer and writer of speculative fiction.Let God be true...and every man a liar.
Friday, February 05, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- Always Remember
- Decolonizing God: The Bible in the Tides of Empire
- Look, Mom, a Nigger
- Moses just can't seem to get over it
- Okay, am in Deuteronomy
- General Update
- the deliberate dumbing down of america - A Chronol...
- WTF Moment in Bible Study: Aaron's Rod that Budded
- Bernice Johnson Reagon in conversation
- No title
- All the Scholar Ladies!
- Ah, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers
- How to say "I love you" in ten languages
- Esther Wahome - Yahwe
- War Child -- Documentary on Child Soldiers in Sudan
- Decision Made
- One Church Many Tribes, by Native American pastor,...
- No title
- Divorce dreams, child of divorce issues
- Made it through the Abraham story
- My Saviour My God by Aaron Shust
- ▼ February (23)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (352)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady who min...
I'm slinging more snot than Viola Davis in a crying scene. And for what? For whom? For immigrants and deportees I don't k...
Post a Comment