Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Presently Fighting a Writer's Block

I've been having trouble returning to Constant Tower my WIP. My other WIP, Inheritance, seems to want to continue and won't give room to the other. Am also trying to work on a short story named Gleaners. Aargh.

Psalm 45:1
My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
King James Version

1To the Overseer. -- `On the Lilies.' -- By sons of Korah. -- An Instruction. -- A song of loves. My heart hath indited a good thing, I am telling my works to a king, My tongue [is] the pen of a speedy writer.
Young's Literal Translation

For the director of music. To the tune of Lilies. Of the Sons of Korah. A maskil. A wedding song.1 My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skilful writer.
New International Version UK



In Jesus name I come to you, Father. I ask your Dear holy spirit to show me what the problem is. Your word declares that our tongue is like the pen of a ready writer. Oh Lord, I rejoice when I see that phrase "ready writer." It means you and David understood that there are ready writers and there are blocked writers..or writers who for some reason just aren't ready. Lord, in some other translations, the translators translate the phrase "skilled writer." Lord, make me skilled also. Some translate it as "speedy writer." Lord, make me speedy also.

Lord, I praise you that you are creative and you understand creativity. Set my soul free to be a ready writer. I thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. In the name of Jesus I come against any judgmental spirit and any self-distrusting emotion or fear or inferiority complex in me that is preventing me from feeling the ease and joy of creation. Leave me this minute, Writer's Block, In Jesus name! Joy in writing, be restored in my heart! Now! Return! Delight in the joy of creation return! Now! In Jesus' name. Amen! I call it done and proclaim the Lord is my helper and is helping me now. All I have to do is walk out in faith and do my part and Jesus, the AUTHOR and FINISHER of my faith is doing it. And God the Father, the AUTHOR of Creation is doing is. I also will finish what I have begun. Grace to it! Amen! -C

6Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

7Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Zecharian 4:6-8

2 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

What a great prayer for writer's block!

Carole McDonnell said...

Thanks, Tia! -C

Blog Archive

Popular Posts