Monday, July 21, 2008

Just Enough

I'm a total believer that God doesn't want His people to be poor. But I've got to stop at Him wanting ALL His people to be rich.

First of all (personal opinion) Humans are prone to sinning. Our hearts are deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. If you don't know how deceitful human hearts can be, think of some of the religious people you know. Think of some of the televangelists you know. Greed, selfishness, judgemental. And that's just the religious folks. No one follows the standard they supposedly have aligned themselves to. Psychiatrists, physicians, and therapists know they aren't caring enough about their patients. Lawyers know that they go where the money is. Politicians know they serve lobbyists. Ministers (should) know that they are self-righteous non-ministers. So, I'm not gonna believe that if I became rich I would be a good people. IT'd be tooo tempting to say to some old enemy of mine, "No, I will not help you out of your financial fix." Hey, if I can annoyed with someone, I'd have the money to get them beaten up by some thugs. (Yep, alas, I have a mean temper.)

Then there is what the Bible says about wealth: Don't make me too rich or else I will forget you. Don't make me too poor or I will curse you.

The Bible also says God has given the poor great things and sent the rich away empty.

So, yes... a little money. But not too much. At least not to EVERYONE. Wealth is something most of us can't handle. It is a difficult thing for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. -C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father always told me that too much of anything can't be good while on this earth, I love my dad-so wise! too much wealth, one can forget about the Lord and become snotty or worse-complacent.

Being extremely poor gives rise to more robberies, hate, fights, its crazy. I am happy being able to afford what I need and want for now.

Great topic, Carole,
-erica

Carole McDonnell said...

Oh, Erica, you are so blessed to have a father!

St Paul said we must have enough so we can give to others. That's what I'd like. And to have enough to not worry about money. Will see. -C

Blog Archive

Popular Posts