Saturday, August 16, 2008

Body Prayer

I made up this Body Prayer to use as an affirmation

I thank you Lord that — My head is covered with the helmet of the hope of salvation, that I have the mind of Christ, that I am not conformed to the world but am transformed by the renewing of my mind, that the very hairs of my head are numbered, that I am wise as serpents and harmless as doves, that you cover my head with oil, that I think only of those things that are good, lovely, just, virtuous and true, God has not given me a spirit of fear but one of love and power and of a sound mind.

I thank you Lord that – that our eyes are single, I am careful how I hear, that I walk not by sight but by faith, that you have removed the logs from my eyes, that the words of the Lord do not depart from my eyes, ears and mouth

I thank you Lord – that we have ears to hear and do hear, that my ears are not hardened against your words.

I thank you Lord that – the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart are always acceptable in your sight, that I know how to speak a word in good season, that the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God, is in my mouth, that I believe therefore I speak, that I have eaten the milk, honey, and meat of your word, that I eat your flesh and blood and have life within me.

I thank you Lord that – I am not stiffnecked towards God’s commandments but I run to do God’s will, that I have laid my burden on Jesus and taken Jesus’ yoke upon me, which is easy and light.

I thank you Lord that – underneath me are God’s everlasting arms, that whatever my hand finds to do I do it as unto the Lord, that I raise innocent hands to God, that you bless the words of my hands

I thank you Lord that – you have created a new heart within me, that the love of God is shed abroad in my heart, that you satisfy us with good things

I thank you Lord that – your words bring soundness to all my flesh and health to all my bones, that by Jesus’ stripes I was healed, that I have the shield of faith wherewith I can quench all the fiery darts of the enemy, that I have the breastplate of righteousness, that God restores my soul, that I wait on the Lord and renew my strength and my youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

I thank you Lord that – I do not sit in the seat of the scornful but my delight is in the will of the Lord

I thank you Lord that – I have not bowed my knee to any false god, that I run and am not weary, that I walk and don’t faint, that my feet are beautiful bring news of happiness and spread the gospel of peace, my feet are shod with the preparation to preach the gospel, that your word is a light unto my feet, that I do not stand in the way of sinners

I thank you Lord that – greater is God who is in me than he that is in the world, that no weapon formed against me shall prosper, I worship the Lord in spirit and in truth, that you show us your salvation, the angels of God encamp around me because I fear God, that with long life you satisfy us and show us your salvation.

For women:
I thank you Lord that – the fruit of the womb is God’s reward, that beauty is deceitful and charm is vain but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts