Was lying in bed thinking about Constant Tower. It's a novel about humans and being trapped with humans but it doesn't have the passionate dislike of humans which I'd like.
We belong to so many tribes: race, wealth, class, education, religion. And it is that rare person
who totally fits in in all the tribes to which he belongs.
Christians who aren't cookie-cutter Christians tend to be wounded by other Christians.
Blacks are often wounded by other Blacks.
But then Christians are also wounded by atheists, New Agers, Buddhists, agnostics, intellectuals.
And Blacks are often wounded by whites, reds, browns, and yellows.
So how to portray that in a novel? By creating a misanthropic world.
Constant Tower has a smoothness that works but --now that I've come back from working on Onion where I talk about the cruelty down by churchianity and by Black-on-black cruelty-- I sense that I've really toned down the raw anger and isolation one feels in the world. (Okay, that I myself have felt in the world.)
So, on to getting the anger and raw emotion from my heart into CT.
Why? Because it is bitter and because it is my heart.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- What a Mighty God We Serve
- Christina Rossetti: The Heart Knoweth Its Own Bitt...
- ooh, self-baptisms....interesting.
- I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Life
- Genesis Chapter 2: Ah, Moses, but you digress: the...
- We are a People of God - Youth Dance
- COLORS -- JAE CHUN in concert
- The lovely graceful passionate gentle men
- Love After Love -- Derek Walcott
- A Cursory Nursery Tale
- Influential Ladies and Inner Vows
- Dark Parable: The dream of boycotting goat milk
- The Heart of Worship
- January 1940 by Roy Fuller
- Epik High - Love Love Love
- Epik High -- Even When I'm Alone
- A White Stone
- WALY, WALY (F. J. Child #204)
- Curse you, political correctness
- Mild tweaking, major reconstruction or total de/re...
- Ah, misanthropy!
- You're my all in all
- Dancing with the reader
- Introduction to "I Hate Wogs" (Eric Bogle) - Is th...
- This year am opening myself to good luck
- The Fear of Irony
- The Korea godwinks
- Come, Now is the Time to Worship
- Weekend Movie-Viewing
- They considered not the miracle of the loaves for ...
- Vids of Arawak Indians worshiping
- So you don't walk in darkness
- He Reigns
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (352)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady who min...
I'm slinging more snot than Viola Davis in a crying scene. And for what? For whom? For immigrants and deportees I don't k...