I want to dream. I want to be blessed by the universe. I remember a month about 16 years ago where I decided I wanted to win some computer educational games for the kids. I DID! I won a box of 12 from broderbund software and a box of 12 from Learning Adventures or whatever it was. Very strange! Around that time I also won a pair of rollerblades for my son from E! network. After that I didn't win anything big again. I suspect it had a lot to do with me hearing someone talking about "beginner's luck" in sweepstakes and contests. I musta mentally incorporated that and began to believe that I wouldn't win anything thereafter. But I remember the time before that -- some ten or so years before-- when I would win strange things for my friends...even mega-bucks for friends I entered. I loved the surprise of getting stuff in the mail out of the blue. I didn't care if it was big or small. Anyways, I've decided that this year will be full of lovely surprises. I've asked God to just give me lovely lovely stuff. Stuff I need, stuff I don't need but may want, stuff to delight me, stuff I can give away. So yeah, am entering sweepstakes.
Right now am entering this one. http://sweeps4bloggers.com/?p=743 because I would love, love, love to get a box of dried apple chips at my door. It'd make my day.
I've also entered at another place to get an air purifier, and I've subscribed to several sweepstakes sites such as www.sweepstakestoday.com
I want to go through this year with a confident expectation of good and with a belief that anyday I could be delighted with some kooky or wonderful surprise. Wish me luck!
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- What a Mighty God We Serve
- Christina Rossetti: The Heart Knoweth Its Own Bitt...
- ooh, self-baptisms....interesting.
- I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Life
- Genesis Chapter 2: Ah, Moses, but you digress: the...
- We are a People of God - Youth Dance
- COLORS -- JAE CHUN in concert
- The lovely graceful passionate gentle men
- Love After Love -- Derek Walcott
- A Cursory Nursery Tale
- Influential Ladies and Inner Vows
- Dark Parable: The dream of boycotting goat milk
- The Heart of Worship
- January 1940 by Roy Fuller
- Epik High - Love Love Love
- Epik High -- Even When I'm Alone
- A White Stone
- WALY, WALY (F. J. Child #204)
- Curse you, political correctness
- Mild tweaking, major reconstruction or total de/re...
- Ah, misanthropy!
- You're my all in all
- Dancing with the reader
- Introduction to "I Hate Wogs" (Eric Bogle) - Is th...
- This year am opening myself to good luck
- The Fear of Irony
- The Korea godwinks
- Come, Now is the Time to Worship
- Weekend Movie-Viewing
- They considered not the miracle of the loaves for ...
- Vids of Arawak Indians worshiping
- So you don't walk in darkness
- He Reigns
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (352)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady wh...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...