I am resolved to:
Go outside the house at least once a week instead of once a month. (Will try to get out of my the world-is-such-a-wounding-place-I-just-don't-want-to-go-outside mode.) I might even attempt to go for a walk every day.
I will not use food to comfort myself.
I will attempt to do my hair at least once a week instead of simply washing it and then cutting it off when it gets unmanageable.
I will resist the urge to snap at judgemental Christians or platitude-quoting Christians who have no idea what my life is like but who say stupid glib judgmental stuff.
I will not roll my eyes whenever some supposed famous Christian teacher/speaker say something so stupid I want to roll my eyes.
I will use the exercise bike every day.
I will attend parties I'm invited to.
I will avoid all a$$holes. (I have to. Especially the religious and spiritual know-it-all ones who have never had a sick child for 20 years yet who say assholey stuff.)
I will force younger son to eat the right foods.
I will drink way more water every day.
I will guard my mind from stupid things said by medical pontificators.
I will control my daydreams and have no vain imaginings...but will only think of whatever is lovely pure of good report, virtuous.
I will keep up my Answered Prayers chart and my godwink Book of Remembrance.
I will rejoice in my God and thank him all the time.
Goes without saying that I will continue to read my Bible and to water God's word for sons and my healing.
Still don't know what God wants me to dedicate this blog to this year. Listening to see what's what.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- What a Mighty God We Serve
- Christina Rossetti: The Heart Knoweth Its Own Bitt...
- ooh, self-baptisms....interesting.
- I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Life
- Genesis Chapter 2: Ah, Moses, but you digress: the...
- We are a People of God - Youth Dance
- COLORS -- JAE CHUN in concert
- The lovely graceful passionate gentle men
- Love After Love -- Derek Walcott
- A Cursory Nursery Tale
- Influential Ladies and Inner Vows
- Dark Parable: The dream of boycotting goat milk
- The Heart of Worship
- January 1940 by Roy Fuller
- Epik High - Love Love Love
- Epik High -- Even When I'm Alone
- A White Stone
- WALY, WALY (F. J. Child #204)
- Curse you, political correctness
- Mild tweaking, major reconstruction or total de/re...
- Ah, misanthropy!
- You're my all in all
- Dancing with the reader
- Introduction to "I Hate Wogs" (Eric Bogle) - Is th...
- This year am opening myself to good luck
- The Fear of Irony
- The Korea godwinks
- Come, Now is the Time to Worship
- Weekend Movie-Viewing
- They considered not the miracle of the loaves for ...
- Vids of Arawak Indians worshiping
- So you don't walk in darkness
- He Reigns
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (352)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady wh...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...