The eyes of the servants look to their masters hands to see what their masters want to order them to do. Do we look expectantly at God?
We await his commands and we also await his mercy. The poor have rich scorning masters sometimes. They're at ease, they have contempt for people. But we have a good master, the master of all life and he is loving toward his servants.
1Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
2Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
3Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
4Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Dark Parables: three dreamlets
- Some of God's Prophecies that Failed
- Psalm 134
- Sleeping Betty
- WTF Moment in Bible Study: Inferior
- Something to encourage us praying folks
- Sidewalk Prophets: These are the words I would say...
- Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following J...
- So that's where that comes from?
- Psalm 133
- Psalm 132
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- The normalcy edition
- Exposure by Wilfred Owen
- Thank You, Jesus for this glorious day
- Psalm 131
- Rie Fu -- Life is a boat
- Psalm 130
- Confessions of an RX Drug Pusher
- Critters and Critics
- Psalm 129
- Donations sought for two writer friends
- Psalm 128
- Dark Parable: dream of snake-lion and resuscitated...
- Weekend Movie Viewing -- the crime, punishment, an...
- Te Coronamos
- You Raised Me Up -- DBSK and the little blind girl...
- Psalm 127
- Sensual Longing, Carnal Concupiscence, and Gorgeou...
- Aviad Cohen: Israel
- Psalm 126
- Poem (‘In the stump of the old tree...’) by Hugh S...
- The Beautiful One Has Come -- Onion and Creativity...
- Psalm 125
- Dark Parable: accounting and balance dream
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- the flakes, outcasts, and...
- You Raised Me Up
- Updates --Creative and Personal
- God is light
- Psalm 124
- W. H. Auden, "If I Could Tell You"
- Psalm 123
- ▼ October (43)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...