Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Dark Parable: The dream of boycotting goat milk
Dreamed black folks in the US were boycotting goat milk, the only milk my younger son can drink. I didn't want to do the boycott because A) I thought they were just being silly and over-the-top about it and that there was a misunderstanding. Also I felt that my son needed his goat milk and would I go so far to stop my son's food...just to show myself as united with other black folks and to do what the black folks wanted. I think it's about any groups to which we belong. There comes a time when one's desires are up against the desires of the group.... and can one sacrifice? Can one make someone else --one's own son-- sacrifice because of the whim of a larger group? In life, I think we have to reach a place where we alienate ourselves from groups to which we belong -- by religion or by race or by nation or whatever. It can be lonely but should one allow one's self to be dragged along? -C
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- What a Mighty God We Serve
- Christina Rossetti: The Heart Knoweth Its Own Bitt...
- ooh, self-baptisms....interesting.
- I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Lif...
- Genesis Chapter 2: Ah, Moses, but you digress: the...
- We are a People of God - Youth Dance
- COLORS -- JAE CHUN in concert
- The lovely graceful passionate gentle men
- Love After Love -- Derek Walcott
- A Cursory Nursery Tale
- Influential Ladies and Inner Vows
- Dark Parable: The dream of boycotting goat milk
- The Heart of Worship
- January 1940 by Roy Fuller
- Epik High - Love Love Love
- Epik High -- Even When I'm Alone
- A White Stone
- WALY, WALY (F. J. Child #204)
- Curse you, political correctness
- Mild tweaking, major reconstruction or total de/re...
- Ah, misanthropy!
- You're my all in all
- Dancing with the reader
- Introduction to "I Hate Wogs" (Eric Bogle) - Is th...
- This year am opening myself to good luck
- The Fear of Irony
- The Korea godwinks
- Come, Now is the Time to Worship
- Weekend Movie-Viewing
- They considered not the miracle of the loaves for ...
- Vids of Arawak Indians worshiping
- So you don't walk in darkness
- He Reigns
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2009 (499)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...