Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Goodness of the Lord

This morning while I was doing devotionals with my beloved, the holy spirit prompted me to consider and meditate on the word "good" and "goodness."

Very often, the word "goodness" or "good" is used about God's care and attitude about people in this PRESENT world. It often deals with health, prosperity, and physical things.

A few of them are:
"I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

"Taste and see that the Lord is good."

"Goodness and mercy shall pursue me all the days of my life."

"It's the goodness of God that causes men to repent."

But pick up your concordance and do the search for yourself. Not that the Bible doesn't talk about God's goodness in the afterlife...but so often it's connected to things He does for us in the land of the living.

It certainly makes me believe that wants us to be truly abundant, living an abundant life NOW...as opposed to the culture of "suffering is good for you" and this is a "thorn in the flesh."

Oh that we could believe in the love He has for us!

I also should make us think about how we bring people to Christ. By telling them about their sin? No. By showing them the power of Christ in us to heal the sick, raise the dead, deliver the oppressed, cleanse the lepers, help the poor prosper.

-C

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts