Saturday, October 31, 2009
Dark Parables: three dreamlets
The first: I was describing to a friend -- a fellow writer-- how I did something. Very simple to do but hard to describe. But she just didn't get it. I had to model it for her. This is a friend who is diagnosed with colon cancer. We writers often have an idea in our minds and we see it but to get a description of that position or idea onto paper...or to actually describe it in words -- very hard. Also, autistic kids often have to be shown how things are done -- it's call modeling. Have been trying for years to show younger son how to kiss folks on the cheek. Also, I suppose religious folks are to show things sometimes..instead of describing it. Trying to figure this out. The second: I was talking to a reality show bad boy called Chance. He had a tiny pearl in his mouth that he had found in a box of china or stoneware. He was moving it around in his mouth. He gave the box of china to me and said, "Go ahead and look around. You might find something great in here. Today is your lucky day." He seemed to be implying money. The third: Dreamed of James Earl Jones. Forgot what he was doing. But I always think of him as someone who couldn't speak well and then too speech classes and now speaks so well he is actually blessed by that voice which was once his trouble.
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Dark Parables: three dreamlets
- Some of God's Prophecies that Failed
- Psalm 134
- Sleeping Betty
- WTF Moment in Bible Study: Inferior
- Something to encourage us praying folks
- Sidewalk Prophets: These are the words I would say...
- Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following J...
- So that's where that comes from?
- Psalm 133
- Psalm 132
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- The normalcy edition
- Exposure by Wilfred Owen
- Thank You, Jesus for this glorious day
- Psalm 131
- Rie Fu -- Life is a boat
- Psalm 130
- Confessions of an RX Drug Pusher
- Critters and Critics
- Psalm 129
- Donations sought for two writer friends
- Psalm 128
- Dark Parable: dream of snake-lion and resuscitated...
- Weekend Movie Viewing -- the crime, punishment, an...
- Te Coronamos
- You Raised Me Up -- DBSK and the little blind girl...
- Psalm 127
- Sensual Longing, Carnal Concupiscence, and Gorgeou...
- Aviad Cohen: Israel
- Psalm 126
- Poem (‘In the stump of the old tree...’) by Hugh S...
- The Beautiful One Has Come -- Onion and Creativity...
- Psalm 125
- Dark Parable: accounting and balance dream
- Weekend Movie-Viewing -- the flakes, outcasts, and...
- You Raised Me Up
- Updates --Creative and Personal
- God is light
- Psalm 124
- W. H. Auden, "If I Could Tell You"
- Psalm 123
- ▼ October (43)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...