Monday, August 22, 2011

Vain Imaginations versus Productive Imaginations

I waste so much of my time, of my life, imagining vain things. I've written posts about this before but I've got to get my mental act together again. Imagination is spiritual truth. It is what God sees when He looks at us. And when we have fruitful imaginations, our imagination becomes the substance of things hoped for.

Where are my mental images of Gabe being healed? What images have I built and stored and given to God so He can cause them to come true? What images have I built in the chambers of my imagery to be substances faith can work on?

I have wasted my nights and my mental daydreaming time. Instead of dreaming of young hottie Asian lover, I should imagining my new house. I should be imagining younger son talking. I should be seeing the days and mornings of his healed life.

I should spend days in the sun imagining walking into a room and touching the sick and causing them to be healed. I should be imagining raising the dead and should be focusing on the dreams I had of raising the dead and delivering people from drugs. I should be musing and pondering the vision where God told me I would do six great works. I should be imagining and imaging my stories being shown on Korean and Japanese TV and movie screens.

Lord, let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be always acceptable in your sight. Let it be grace in your sight. Help me to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Please, Lord, help me make it a habit to daydream about productive things and to create mental images of things you want me to bring forth in my life and in the world. Jesus you said, "When you pray, believe that you have received and you will receive it." Help me to see in my imagination and to live in my mind with the substances of things I hope for that I might see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.Amen.


And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2


Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Corinthians 10:5


Psalm 51:6
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. 
NIV



No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts