Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Magnifying God

The Bible tells us that the traditions of men have made the word of God of none effect. It says we are often taught the doctrine of men instead of God's truth. It says Behold all things are become new! It says Wisdom is justified of her children. It says The Lord is the restorer.It says not to limit the holy one of Israel.

We live in a world of deception. The deception I battle many times is the deception of despair. Grief over things I have done, grief over things I should not have done, grief over horrible people I befriended, grief over horrible mother-in-law. What I have to do is to reach that place in my spirit where I no longer limit God's ability to repair these griefs and restore my life.

I must believe that the word of God is powerful. Therefore I must guard my heart with all diligence and stop allowing the traditions of men and doctrines taught by men to shrink God's ability to save the rest of my life, heal my wounded heart, and restore all that the cankerworm, crawling worm, little foxes, giants have destroyed. I must believe what the Bible says that God's truth is proven when we follow it. God's Wisdom proves itself to be the truth and the help and the hope and the restorer when its believers act on it, when its children drink the milk of this wisdom. It's a committment but yes, I will hold tight to the word of God.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts