Wow, I was so glad when I saw this.
If you have ever had to deal with verbal attacks, get the book The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense. But if you can't go to this site. Wow! A real trove. I have the book. Definitely helps on the human linguistic cruelty games and body language stuff. She also blogs about political linguistics. It's just really helpful...Now if I could only commit to actually being tough enough to use it when some person verbally attacks. -C
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (498)
- Thinking of heaven again
- Cartoon banned by the Mormon Church
- Active Sharing on Youtube
- Saying Thank You is Healthy
- Borders 2008 Original Voices Awards
- Henry Cho, Comedian
- Twisted Sister
- PNCA: The Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) ...
- National Day of Listening
- Let the Word of God Dwell in You Richly
- CFRB: Leaps of Faith
- Sin is no joke
- Wondering: anti-global warming
- Wind Follower review
- Wondering: Ghosts Versus Demons
- Eye-raising moments in Bible Study: navels
- Living by Spirit
- Biblical Numbers
- Can forgiven folks still reap the fruits of sin
- Self-Preservation Can two walk together
- PEN's Day of the imprisoned author
- Dexter, Dexter, Dexter
- America's next top preacher on chocolate news
- Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense Post
- RIP: Miriam Makeba
- Side-stepping the Law
- So who is it for?
- The foolishness of the worldly-wise
- evangelist, teacher, pastor, apostle
- Building your boat in a storm
- Who am I? Myself
- Magnifying God
- my times are in God's hands
- Illegitimate: How a Loving God Rescued a Son of Po...
- Revelation: what the Bible writers didn't know
- Anointed to preach to the poor
- ▼ November (39)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady wh...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...