Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense Post

Wow, I was so glad when I saw this.

If you have ever had to deal with verbal attacks, get the book The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense. But if you can't go to this site. Wow! A real trove. I have the book. Definitely helps on the human linguistic cruelty games and body language stuff. She also blogs about political linguistics. It's just really helpful...Now if I could only commit to actually being tough enough to use it when some person verbally attacks. -C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, Carole! I read Tongue Fu! By Sam Horn and took some awesome notes on it, it has worked in some situations, but like you said: "Oh to be strong enough to use it." :)

Carole McDonnell said...

Maybe we both can be strong -C

Anonymous said...

Yes, we can! Keep encouraging one another works all the time :)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts