Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Living by Spirit

Okay, so I dreamed my son told me how to speak to him. He said I must be more precise when I speak. I think he meant to stop using metaphors or exaggerations when I speak to him. Now this is the younger son who was diagnosed as PDD/NOS autistic. And of course I'm going to listen to him.

Yep, I totally believe he was communicating to me via a dream. About fifteen years ago, he came to my husband in a dream and said, "Sing!" He has always spoken to us like that.

Now whether it's actually his spirit speaking to us or his angel or the holy spirit is not the important thing. The important thing is that a helpful truth is being communicated.

Okay, some might think it's silly to live by hunches, and godwinks and by leadings and by still small voices. But that is how we are often asked to live. How many times have we gotten a call that we should call someone or tell someone something? Last week I called someone I hardly knew. But hey, I felt I should call. I didn't know what the heck to talk about. He started telling me about his newborn baby. Seems he has colic. Or rather HAD colic. Yours truly gave him some advice and now a week later the kid is doing way better. So God is good. Okay, sometimes we have it all wrong. But more often than not, we have heard some truth and we are right. How can we Christians who believe in the God within us not live by dreams, visions, and hunches?

Had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts