Today I'm thinking of this again. Actually, I've been thinking of it a lot lately. This wonderful loving God who knows our frame, who understands why we've done stupid things, who understands why we have not done the things we should have done, who understands our frailties and our weaknesses....and our sins... and will not rebuke or upbraid us as he gives us the course correction.
As I sit here wondering what the heck this summer will turn into, I was afraid to ask God for help. Just in case He was going to stand off and not help me. Just in case He is like all humans who judge and lose their patience with us.
This kind of avoiding of God because one has been stupid and one fears his inability to help because one has not been doing the right moves...blocks the answering of our prayers. But when we remember that God is not like our earthly parents or our earthly know-it-all friends (who really know very little about our hearts and the pains we've been enduring) we can begin to push aside all strongholds against being worthy of his kindness.
The more I think about this verse, the more it feeds my soul. The more it feeds my soul, the more it heals it by giving me knowledge of what a loving patient sweet God we have. The more healed my soul is by the love of God, the more the torment goes because fear has torment. The more I am able to receive answers to prayer and guidance because I begin to understand how gracious and loving my Father in Heaven is.
Jesus came to remove not only guilt from us but guiltiness. Guiltiness has a power in and of itself because we cannot feel the Father's love. But Jesus came to remove sin and guilt and to show us the Father which removes our sense of unworthiness.
Lord, please keep me always aware of your patient love for me. I ask in Jesus name. Amen.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- Cleanse the lepers
- Anywhere With Jesus (Lyrics in Navajo)
- Witchcraft Blaster Prayer 2.0
- Chambers of My Imagery
- To "like" or not to "like"
- Power and Spirit reduced to mere doctrine
- Christian Speculative Fiction Writing: Discerning ...
- God at War: The Bible & Spiritual Conflict
- Fave Japanese young actors
- Bible Personages I wanna meet in heaven
- The terrible devastation of an unhappy ending
- The watch over the mouth and the cancer-phobia battle
- Christian cosmology: God, gods, Lord
- Dark Parables: Yet another apocalyptic dream
- So why do I write?
- Practicing Computer Mode
- A Day is as a Thousand years
- Poor in spirit -- crappy day but one good thing.
- Letters from a Skeptic: A Son Wrestles with His Fa...
- Weekend Movie-viewing: J-dramas
- A city broken down, and without walls
- Dark Parables: Dream of key and chain
- A silly dove without heart
- He gives wisdom and upbraids not -- Part 2
- Restoration, and training my heart to dream again
- He gives wisdom and upbraids not
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (352)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady wh...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...