Thursday, June 09, 2011

Then Cometh He

So last night, I was battling with my ultra in-controlled self and my inability to lean on the everlasting arms. Disquiet and lack of peace choke the word, according to the parable of the sower. I mean, in a suddenly desperate moment, a praying rising from sudden danger might get answered (depending on various factors in the person's life.) But seed prayers...those prayers whose results grow and grow into fruition... well, those kind of prayers require watering with the word and thanksgiving. They require good ground. They require endurance. They require battling weeds, especially the weeds of care. They require getting rid of double-mindedness and tons of spiritual growth. They require growing in understanding the height, breadth, length, width and depth of God's love, care, and power working in us who believe. And, for me, they require understanding the love of the Father. ....which is hard as heck because I never had a father.

So last night, I was overwhelmed with my alarmist fearful mind (my mother was an alarmist nurse who always assumed the worse of any medical situation) and overwhelmed with life. And I kept trying to do what God had told me to do in the "leaning on the everlasting arms" dream. I tried to simply relax into His arms and lay on his arms and allow Him to carry me for a while. But let me tell you, the mind of a woman who has never been loved by a father and who was raised by tons of negative relatives is pretty unable to trust God entirely. Hubby tried to help my mind out...but that was difficult. So, yeah, a tough night.

So what happens? I get up in the morning and what do I hear in my spirit? THEN COMETH HE.

That's all. Nothing else. I don't even know the specific verse the Holy Spirit was referring to. And being in an iffy mood, I don't even know if it was the Holy Spirit referring...or if it was my mind being bizarre. so I go to www.bible.cc and do a search for THEN COMETH HE. This is what I got:


Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your
rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the  Matthew 26:45


 He said to them, "Stay here while I go over there and pray ... Then cometh Jesus with
them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here ...  Matthew 26:36


Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?  John 13:6

Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. John 4:5


Most of the verses have to do with Easter.


I also did a search for Then Cometh Jesus:

Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. Matthew 3:13


Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. Matthew 26:36


Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise. John 21:13


And he arose from thence, and cometh into  Mark 10:1


Jesus cometh, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be John 20: 26


None of which gives me any "confident" fix on what the Holy Spirit wants to say specifically.


But I find myself thinking of the sense of process. That Jesus is coming. Whether coming to the world or coming to me specifically. I think of the verses in the Psalms, "Let God arise." I feel as if God is saying that God is working and I have to trust in Him. Perhaps all this enduring is to strength me for the events to take place before Jesus comes back to the world. Perhaps it's just to give me hope that He is working in my life and I will see the outworking soon. Will see.  


After listening to Art Katz sermon on sonship and "from whence Jesus came" and understanding Jesus's humility... I'm pondering...from whence Jesus came.

 Jesus emptied himself from before birth ...and after birth. He didn't have godliness helping Him out as He grew in stature.


 8Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;  Hebrews 5:8,9

5Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; 8and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross. 9Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; 10that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:5-11

As Paul wrote in his letter to Phillipians, He kept being obedient and humble and was perfect man. He grew as we would grow if we were utterly obedient. Of course, only being God could enable Him to give up godliness and to humble himself.

One cannot grow into spiritual holiness unless one is both humble and obedient. A person cannot be obedient unless he is humble. Continued true humility and true obedience helps us to have true virtue. It's about having character.

 but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:3-5

 5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  2 Peter 1:5




No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts