Well, today the social worker at the school called to tell me that if my son doesn't stop acting up they will be forced to call in the crisis team which will take him away and put him in a state institution. They keep hinting at this. . . all the time!!!! The problem now is: can I take him out of the school system? I have no power to take him out of the school because I don't have guardianship. So it's one of those catch-22's. Your son is in pain and is acting up in school therefore we are ready to take him away from you and put him in an institution because he is 19 and he is the one who must speak for himself as an adult because he is an adult. But he cannot speak for himself because he is 19 and you can't speak for him because the guardianship papers aren't finished yet. You can spare yourself this horrible grief because if you take him out of school the crisis team can't take him and institutionalize him but you can't take him out of school because he's 19 and the guardianship papers aren't done yet.
All this because the kid is in pain and has a bad sinus headache and is suffering. I've had no sleep for I don't know how long. I'll be keeping Gabe in for the next few days. Don't know what it'll do but will try to work on his sinuses.
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Dang, did I just smile?
- Video helps officers understand autism
- Psalm 41
- More Than Dreams -- Mohammed's Story
- Arrest of autistic boy
- a new fave blog
- Psalm 40
- Praise and Worship
- More Than Dreams -- Cerita Dini's Story
- This month's travels around the internet
- Psalm 39
- More Than Dreams -- Khalil's Story
- Rob wants to give you a high-five
- Dark Parable: financial advice
- Hagar and Keturah
- Let me not see the death of the child
- Psalm 38
- More Than Dreams -- Ali's Story
- harmless religion
- Psalm 37
- More Than Dreams: Khosrow's Story
- Psalm 36
- The Beauty of Mathematics
- And underneath are the everlasting arms
- Psalm 35
- Do Lord, Remember Me
- Psalm 34
- Gabe update -- remember us in your prayers
- One miserable act of stumbling and 3 acts of divin...
- For Jesus the divine guru
- Mahalia Jackson: Move on up a little higher
- Psalm 33
- Art, murder, love
- Well, that should have it covered
- Bono Talks about his faith
- Gabe's dental plan
- Psalm 32
- Mary, out of whom he cast seven devils
- When I Came Home
- Must Read: The Student Loan Scam
- Psalm 31
- Psalm 30
- Psalm 29
- Thwarting God's will
- Update on Novel: Emotion and Culture
- Psalm 28
- Psalm 27
- Weekend Movie Viewing: Yuki Yukite Shingun
- Psalm 26
- 25 Author Meme
- okay, 3rd day
- ▼ March (54)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...