Okay, so there we were waiting around for the legal firm to finish the guardianship paperwork. Basically: it's tough to get a kid who's been diagnosed as autistic any healthcare after he's 18 without the guardianship papers. Health providers wonder who'll pay. So we're kinda in between everything. . . with no healthcare for the kid. But YAY! because we know the Iron Man money's coming in April, I went ahead and made an appointment for the 9th of April with Valley Pediatric Dentistry
So how did this happen? Well, I was on a blog I usually read and she talked about her son's dental surgery. . . and that led me to another blog she linked to where a father discusses the harrowing times parents of autistic kids might have at the dentist. . . and then there is the issue of my son's wobbly teeth. (The gum issue we can handle cause we use neem extract and gengigel --a drug used for gum healing which I always ask my brother in England to buy) --yeah, yeah, i know...closing the barn door after the horses are let loose but better late than never. Anyway that wobbly tooth!
So this morning I was listening to K104 (Yeah, I listen to rock and to hip hop in the morning) and heard an ad for the aforementioned dentist.
1) They handle pediatric dentistry -- kids as old as 21! YAY
2) They handle special needs children (Do not let me even try to explain what a papoose case means. And even then after awhile, Dr Ginzburg, Gabe's former dentist had to give up on him. Am hoping they have a large papoose for Gabe. Yeah, he's a slender kid but... )
3) They do in-office sedation. (Totally gets rid of the hospital business.)
I think this was God's leading.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Dang, did I just smile?
- Video helps officers understand autism
- Psalm 41
- More Than Dreams -- Mohammed's Story
- Arrest of autistic boy
- a new fave blog
- Psalm 40
- Praise and Worship
- More Than Dreams -- Cerita Dini's Story
- This month's travels around the internet
- Psalm 39
- More Than Dreams -- Khalil's Story
- Rob wants to give you a high-five
- Dark Parable: financial advice
- Hagar and Keturah
- Let me not see the death of the child
- Psalm 38
- More Than Dreams -- Ali's Story
- harmless religion
- Psalm 37
- More Than Dreams: Khosrow's Story
- Psalm 36
- The Beauty of Mathematics
- And underneath are the everlasting arms
- Psalm 35
- Do Lord, Remember Me
- Psalm 34
- Gabe update -- remember us in your prayers
- One miserable act of stumbling and 3 acts of divin...
- For Jesus the divine guru
- Mahalia Jackson: Move on up a little higher
- Psalm 33
- Art, murder, love
- Well, that should have it covered
- Bono Talks about his faith
- Gabe's dental plan
- Psalm 32
- Mary, out of whom he cast seven devils
- When I Came Home
- Must Read: The Student Loan Scam
- Psalm 31
- Psalm 30
- Psalm 29
- Thwarting God's will
- Update on Novel: Emotion and Culture
- Psalm 28
- Psalm 27
- Weekend Movie Viewing: Yuki Yukite Shingun
- Psalm 26
- 25 Author Meme
- okay, 3rd day
- ▼ March (54)
- ► 2008 (352)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady wh...
I'm slinging more snot than Viola Davis in a crying scene. And for what? For whom? For immigrants and deportees I don't k...