Okay, so there we were waiting around for the legal firm to finish the guardianship paperwork. Basically: it's tough to get a kid who's been diagnosed as autistic any healthcare after he's 18 without the guardianship papers. Health providers wonder who'll pay. So we're kinda in between everything. . . with no healthcare for the kid. But YAY! because we know the Iron Man money's coming in April, I went ahead and made an appointment for the 9th of April with Valley Pediatric Dentistry
So how did this happen? Well, I was on a blog I usually read and she talked about her son's dental surgery. . . and that led me to another blog she linked to where a father discusses the harrowing times parents of autistic kids might have at the dentist. . . and then there is the issue of my son's wobbly teeth. (The gum issue we can handle cause we use neem extract and gengigel --a drug used for gum healing which I always ask my brother in England to buy) --yeah, yeah, i know...closing the barn door after the horses are let loose but better late than never. Anyway that wobbly tooth!
So this morning I was listening to K104 (Yeah, I listen to rock and to hip hop in the morning) and heard an ad for the aforementioned dentist.
1) They handle pediatric dentistry -- kids as old as 21! YAY
2) They handle special needs children (Do not let me even try to explain what a papoose case means. And even then after awhile, Dr Ginzburg, Gabe's former dentist had to give up on him. Am hoping they have a large papoose for Gabe. Yeah, he's a slender kid but... )
3) They do in-office sedation. (Totally gets rid of the hospital business.)
I think this was God's leading.
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Dang, did I just smile?
- Video helps officers understand autism
- Psalm 41
- More Than Dreams -- Mohammed's Story
- Arrest of autistic boy
- a new fave blog
- Psalm 40
- Praise and Worship
- More Than Dreams -- Cerita Dini's Story
- This month's travels around the internet
- Psalm 39
- More Than Dreams -- Khalil's Story
- Rob wants to give you a high-five
- Dark Parable: financial advice
- Hagar and Keturah
- Let me not see the death of the child
- Psalm 38
- More Than Dreams -- Ali's Story
- harmless religion
- Psalm 37
- More Than Dreams: Khosrow's Story
- Psalm 36
- The Beauty of Mathematics
- And underneath are the everlasting arms
- Psalm 35
- Do Lord, Remember Me
- Psalm 34
- Gabe update -- remember us in your prayers
- One miserable act of stumbling and 3 acts of divin...
- For Jesus the divine guru
- Mahalia Jackson: Move on up a little higher
- Psalm 33
- Art, murder, love
- Well, that should have it covered
- Bono Talks about his faith
- Gabe's dental plan
- Psalm 32
- Mary, out of whom he cast seven devils
- When I Came Home
- Must Read: The Student Loan Scam
- Psalm 31
- Psalm 30
- Psalm 29
- Thwarting God's will
- Update on Novel: Emotion and Culture
- Psalm 28
- Psalm 27
- Weekend Movie Viewing: Yuki Yukite Shingun
- Psalm 26
- 25 Author Meme
- okay, 3rd day
- ▼ March (54)
- ► 2008 (353)
- ► 2007 (102)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...
Types of Bible Studies: Bible studies may be done singly or as a series. 1. A Bible Study Series can be thematic. Thematic articles can...
Yesterday, early-early, I opened my computer: you were there. A glimpse, merely But later, all my thoughts were of you. II Men should...