Saturday, December 29, 2007

Praise God for self-acceptance

In a world filled with media, most of us pretty much know we don't measure up. Physically, we aren't as cute or attractive as we "should" be. Emotionally, we aren't as sane as Dr Phil would have us be. Our houses aren't the kinds of houses Martha Stewart would enter. And for many of us Christians, the Christian world has such a narrow idea of acceptable personality that we often wonder if there is something wrong with us.

Well, the great thing in life is that there are people out there who accept us and who make us understand that the world's standards shouldn't oppress us. Oh, I'm talking about becoming a murderer or not working on one's personality or working through one's issue...but honestly, we are who we are...and we are "accepted in the beloved." The phrase "accepted in the beloved" is the same phrase used in Luke for "full of grave" and "highly favoured." So, let's face it: God loves us deeply and He knews who we are and why we are who we are.

Know what? I am supremely loving (too much so) to those who love me. And I am very bitchy to people who annoy me. That's who I am. I'm not perfect. I try to be a fairly decent person but life is full of wounds and I cannot be as perfect as I would like to be. No problem. God loves me and sees me as perfectly acceptable in oour Lord Jesus Christ. What a wonderful Lord we serve. Praise ye the Lord!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts