Saturday, December 08, 2007

Praise for the Bible

Oh, I love my Bible. I love all twelve or so translation lying about my house. I love that God loves stories and tells us so many truths in story-telling form.

I love that the word of God is alive and speaks to us and is always new and always right and perfect for us.

I love the Bible authors. Joel, Moses, Amos, Luke. Ooh, how I love Luke. Not because that's my husband's name but because Dr Luke is just so pro-the poor and so anti-the rich.

I love the wisdom, the poetry, the truth, the angst. I love everything in it. And if Christians would just read their Bibles -- in a translation they understand-- how it would teach us!

1 comment:

Tia Nevitt said...

I just started reading Luke with my Study Bible. What with the actual text and all the commentary, it takes about an hour to read a single chapter. But it's an hour well-spent! I'm learning a lot.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts