The apostle Paul says that God gave us apostles, teachers, workers of miracles, helpers.... oh it's a long list.
In addition to specific gifts, the Church is also the community he gave us. They live in us and we in them. They are a part of us. When we are sad, because they are a part of us, out of the blue we might get a call from someone cheering us up. Or even if we don't get a call, someone somewhere is told by the holy spirit that she should pray for us.
We were also given the blessings brought by the blood of Jesus. Love, healing, power, communal authority. Praise ye the Lord
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (63)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (156)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (352)
- Praise for Completion
- Praise for Guidance
- Praise God for self-acceptance
- Praise for inventions
- Praise for talents that come easy
- Praise God for self-discovery
- St Stephen's Day -- Praise (and prayers) for the m...
- Praise God for heaven
- Praise God for the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Praise God for things I hate but which he obviousl...
- Praise God for working wonderfully through imperfe...
- Praise God for knowing all
- Praise God for yet-to-be answered prayers
- Praise God for Communion
- Praise God for guidance
- Praise God for night-time dreams
- Praise God for giving us the Church
- Praise for life lessons
- Praise God for our non-Christian friends
- Praise God for memories
- Thank God for sex, eros, and celibacy
- Praise for talents
- Praise for opposition
- Praise for the gift of bad emotions
- Praise for the Bible
- Praise for Growth
- God teaches the young
- On this day I complete my 48th year
- Praise hopefully
- Praise for the Light
- Miracles of unwelcomed interruptions
- ▼ December (31)
Here is a Bible study I wrote once. Instead of simply writing a long article, I simply listed some of the many questions God asks in the Bi...
William Lau of the Elijah Challenge does a rally great job talking about the priestly authority, the kingdom authority, and the prophetic au...
Once Jesus was praying in a certain place. After he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John ta...
This prayer was written by Rich Keltner: Right now, In the Name of the Lord Jesus and by the power of His Blood, I ask the blood o...
Is there a right way to read it? Should the books be read in any particular order? Most Churches have printed guides which help parishioner...
Am getting back into The Constant Tower. WOW!!! It's so good to be back into a fantastical world. The nobility, the beauty, the angst --...
I used to watch a lot of paranormal stories on TV. To be expected, I had a childhood filled with annoying demons, ghosts, and the lot. The w...
I once had a white friend in my writer’s critique group ask me, “Why do you always write about mixed couples? That’s a very bad habit of you...
Two really great sermons sent to me by my friend Rose-Marie of http://pen-of-the-wayfarer.blogspot.com Jackie Pullinger is the lady wh...
Hi all: I'm up today for the spec-fic blog hop: Thanks to Jessica Rydill , author of Malarat and Children of the Shaman for ...